Thursday, December 6, 2012

Suggested Prayer to be Used During Advent

Let us begin our Advent Season with an act of personal prayer - a petition, a prayer for myself, that I may have:

A sense of purpose
To make a difference
To be appreciated
To feel God’s forgiveness
To live a clean, uncomplicated life
To be assured of your acceptance, O Lord.
To know that my family will miss me when I die.
To know that I am ready to die.
To know that I am taking good care of those who have been placed in my care.
To believe in the future and not worry about the past.
For good health.
For healing.
For spiritual gifts: generosity, courage, compassion.
And the courage to pray “Maranatha” (Come Lord)
To say it and mean it absolutely,
That we want him to come,
Now.
Come, Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment